Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
1 turkey breast (bone-in 5-7 lbs skin on split in half)
2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried sage or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme.
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
Apple Berry Chutney ingredients:
2 cooking apples (granny smith, Cortland, Empire, Fuji) peeled and chopped about 2 cups
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2½ tablespoons World of Chia Fruit Spread blackberry or flavor of your choice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
2. In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and rub the mixture into the turkey skin and loosen the skin and rub some into the meat under the skin.
3. Transfer to a roasting pan and place in the bottom 1/3 of the oven. Lower the temperature to 350 °F and roast for an hour then check for doneness until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey reads 165°F. About 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
4. Cover with foil for 10 – 15 minutes before carving.
Apple Berry Chutney:
1. While turkey is baking, place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add apples, apple cider vinegar, water, World of Chia Fruit Spread, ginger and cinnamon bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring periodically once most of the liquid is absorbed and the apples are tender turn off the heat. If water absorbs before the apples are tender add a little more water.
2. Serve over sliced turkey breast.