Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours + 25 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
8 ounces chocolate chips, 60-85% cocoa
3 cups heavy cream divided, 1 cup + 2 cups
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup World of Chia Fruit Spread, divided, flavor of choice
1/4 cup raspberries, for garnish
8 mint sprigs, optional for garnish,
2 tablespoons chocolate shavings, optional for garnish
1. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl, set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, add 1 cup of the heavy cream. Bring it almost to simmer. Remove from heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips, let sit for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then whisk until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until cooled.
3. In a medium bowl, beat remaining 2 cups heavy cream and powdered sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes or until it forms stiff peaks. Place 1/2 of the whipped cream in a container and store in the fridge until needed for garnish.
4. Using a whisk stir the chocolate mixture then fold it into the remaining whipped cream using a silicone or plastic spatula until smooth and no streaks remain. Swirl in the World of Chia Fruit Spread.
5. Distribute between glasses or bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2-6 hours or overnight.
6. Top with stored whipped cream and garnish with 2 raspberries, a mint leaf and shaved chocolate if desired and serve.