Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
3/4 cup butter, unsalted
1/2 cup granulated sugar, turbinando or coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 – 1/2 cup World of Chia Raspberry Fruit Spread
1/3 cup confectionery sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment on medium speed until fluffy- about 3 minutes.
3. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat until combined. Turn off mixer then add flour, almond flour and sea salt. Turn mixer on low until incorporated, about 1/2 minute. Divide into two equal portions. Shape each portion into disks and flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Use one piece of dough at a time. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut as many rounds from the dough as possible (around 15). Use a thin metal spatula to transfer to the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll the other piece of dough. Using the 2 inch cookie cutter to make rounds again (15 rounds needed). Then use a 1-inch cutter to make a hole in the center of 15 rounds. Remove the center rounds and repeat rolling and cutting the dough pieces, chilling the dough if it becomes too soft to cut. These rounds will be the tops of the cookies.
6. Bake bottom cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and the top of the cookies for about 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden. Cool cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
7. Dust the top parts with confectionary sugar. Add approximately 1 teaspoon of World of Chia Raspberry Fruit Spread to the bottom halves then sandwich together with the tops.
8. Let these cookies sit for a few hours to let the “sandwich” set.