Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours 35 minutes
Graham Cracker Crust:
2 cups graham crackers, pulsed into crumbs (gluten free if necessary)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (if using salted butter leave out the salt)
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
Pinch sea salt
2 jumbo eggs
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon all purpose flour, (gluten free if necessary)
1 cup yogurt, whole milk (Greek Yogurt works well)
1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup Strawberry World of Chia Fruit Spread
1 teaspoon butter, avocado oil or nonstick spray
Whipped Cream Topping:
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Strawberry World of Chia Fruit Spread
8 whole strawberries (optional as garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F place rack in lower third of oven.
Graham Cracker Crust:
1. Place graham crackers in a food processor or blender and ground finely. Place ground graham crackers in a small bowl, and stir in the melted butter.
2. Place the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan. Using your fingers gently press down on the crumbs creating a nice even layer at the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and put the mixer on medium speed and beat for 4 minutes until smooth, and creamy. Add the sugar and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the salt and beat for 30 seconds then add vanilla and beat for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, then egg whites, one at a time, beating after each addition until combined. Add the flour, vanilla and yogurt and beat until thoroughly mixed together and scrape down the sides and incorporate any excess.
1. Grease the spring form pan with butter then prepare the spring form pan so that water doesn’t leak into it while cooking. Place a large square of 18 inch heavy duty aluminum foil about 18-inches long on a flat surface.
2. Place the spring form pan in the middle of the foil. Gently fold up the sides of the foil around the pan. Be careful not to make any holes in the foil.
3. Press the foil around the edges of the pan. Repeat with a second large square of foil underneath the pan, gently folding up the sides of the foil around the pan and pressing the foil against the pan. To be safe you can repeat this a third time.
4. Pour 3/4 batter into prepared pan then drop teaspoons of Strawberry World of Chia over top of cheesecake, using a wooden skewer or knife, swirl the Strawberry World of Chia Fruit Spread.then add the remaining of the batter. Place the cheesecake into a roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven and add hot water to roasting pan about 2 inches deep.
5. Bake until cake is set but the center still jiggles (approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes).Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for one hour. The heat retained in the batter will continue to bake the cheesecake gently and will prevent the cheesecake from sinking in the center. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and clean off the knife with hot water as necessary a few times while the cheesecake is chilling to loosen the cheesecake from the pan. Chill for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight until firm before unmolding.
1. Prepare whipped cream topping by beating 1 cup heavy cream, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a medium bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed to stiff peaks, about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Spread whipped cream topping on top of the cheesecake using a thin metal spatula. Use the remaining 1/4 cup of Strawberry World of Chia Fruit Spread and drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top and swirl topping with a knife or use a pastry bag with World of Chia Fruit Spread to swirl on top of the whipped topping. Top with whole strawberries.
2. Use a long thin knife and dip it in hot water for a few seconds, then wipe the blade dry with a towel. Make your first slice. Repeat this step and clean the knife as necessary as you continue to slice the cheesecake. Don’t take the cheesecake out of the spring form pan or slice it until you are ready to serve it.
Whipped cream should be topped right before serving or served on the side.